Letters

NSB Drive Supports AEDs For Newtown Police Department

Published: December 18, 2018 at 09:10 am
To the Editor: During this holiday time of giving and helping others, we invite you to partner with Newtown Savings Bank and Danbury Hospital Foundation in support of the Newtown Police Department and all residents of the town we call

‘HoRah!’ For Sub Vets and Al Potter

Published: December 17, 2018 at 03:40 pm
To the Editor: I would like very much at this time to give a special thanks to Mr Alan P. Potter of Newtown Arbor Services. I am a disabled war veteran. Last year, my home burned. It has been a

Thank You, Newtown!

Published: December 17, 2018 at 12:05 pm
To the Editor: When I was growing up in Ridgefield, the only thing I knew about Newtown was that my track coach lived there. Later, as a young mom looking for a place to raise a family, I discovered how

A Suspicious Crossing From The North

Published: December 17, 2018 at 11:00 am
To the Editor: Here is something that might help brighten the season — I wrote it to brighten my own day in a season of uncertainly as to what the future holds. “TO: All Legal Citizens of the United States

Grateful For A Special Community

Published: December 11, 2018 at 05:15 pm
To the Editor: Our gratitude goes out to Karen Halstead and all of our local fire departments for a fabulous food drive on November 17. We are grateful to Stop & Shop and Big Y for hosting the fire trucks

‘Drink Wiser’ This Holiday Season

Published: December 10, 2018 at 09:55 am
To the Editor: As we gather over holiday feasts this time of year, many of us choose to enjoy some holiday spirits. Before you ring in the New Year with friends and family, we ask that you resolve to enjoy

Support Of Many For Successful Holiday Festival

Published: December 05, 2018 at 04:15 pm
To the Editor: On behalf of Newtown Youth and Family Services, I would like to thank all those that made the 33rd Annual Holiday Festival a success. NYFS is very fortunate to have the support of the community, local businesses,

Trotting Out The Thanks To All

Published: December 05, 2018 at 03:40 pm
To the Editor: Thanksgiving morning in Newtown was again full of runners and walkers who turned up to earn their stuffing and help support the Cyrenius H. Booth Library by participating in this year’s ninth annual Newtown Turkey Trot. While

A Delightful Holiday Party

Published: December 05, 2018 at 11:45 am
To The Editor: I would like to thank Newtown Troop 170 Boy Scouts for the delightful holiday party they gave to Nunnawauk Meadows’ residents last Sunday. The sing-along songs were great, and so were the refreshments. The holiday cards presented

A Wonderful Community Response To Book Sale

Published: December 05, 2018 at 09:30 am
To the Editor: This past weekend, Friends of the C.H. Booth Library sponsored our 15th annual Holiday Gift Sale to benefit the C.H. Booth Library. Holiday cheer prevailed as many shoppers purchased gifts for their friends and family. This generous

December 2018

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

This Week's Poll

Do you ever resist or back away from stating your true opinion about something on Facebook because you are afraid of what your friends and others will think?

67% (4 votes)